Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here's my DADDY!

This is a current picture of my dad... He has been really exhausted since they started physical therapy. Each session for him is equivalent to a 10 mile run.
He has been so strong through this whole ordeal, we are sooo proud of him! I love when I walk into his room & say "Hi daddy, it's Amberlie" and he opens his hand and waits for me to hold it, then he gives me a big squeeze. It's nice to know he recognizes when we're there. He even has his own way of telling me he loves me...I always know, so when I say I love you too dad, he blinks his eyes, & squeezes my hand. I really do LOVE the time I have with my dad, & I will cherish it forever!

7 comments:

altee said...

Hi Friend. This picture of your dad looks much better than the one on his blog. You guys have been through so much and I am proud of you and your strength. Stay close to your family. I love you!
Altee

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

Wow what a hero! Heavenly Father has great things instore for your family. You guys are so awesome.

brandonandlexee said...

I am so sorry that this has to be the first post in months for you:( It is such a terrible thing but you seem to be the light in your dad's life right now! This will no doubt make your relationship stronger and keep you guys close forever. I am thinking of you daily...keep us posted. Love you:)

handymom said...

So sorry to hear about your dad! As always, you carry with you an amazing attitude. That will serve your family well in the trying months to come. Love you...
Lori

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Amberlie, We pray for your Dad and your entire family often. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Wendi Bench said...

I can't believe this is your dad! I have been checking in on him everytime I come to work because my employee Jan is dating your dad's friend Greg and she told me about him! Wow! I am so sorry about this accident. You're family sounds like troopers and he is obviously so lucky to have you near by. I'll keep in touch, I've already been praying for him...

Hinton Family said...

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Jane said something awhile back and I have been wondering how he was doing. Keep updating. I would love to know how everything is going. It is so hard to go through something like this. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I would love to tak the girls so you can spend time with your dad. Anything-let me know aliciathinton@hotmail.com